…Our Hope for Tomorrow
How do I Become a TAC Member?
- Read the Teen Advisory Council Description.
- Fill out the NEW 2022-23 school year registration form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to:
5305 Village Center Drive, Suite 206
Wilde Lake Village Center
Columbia, MD 21044
If meetings/events are held in person, the Howard County Public School System’s weather, etc. cancellation policies apply. However, at this time, meetings/events will be online unless specified.
Our 2022-2023 Meeting/Event Dates – check back later in the summer
Unless otherwise advertised, TAC meets online from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Must register for each meeting/event to receive access links. Contact Admin@hcdrugfree.org with questions.
- Monday, September TBD
- Monday, October TBD
- Saturday, October TBD (Medication and Sharps “Take Back Day” collection)
- Monday, November TBD
- Monday, December TBD
- Monday, January TBD
- Monday, February TBD
- Monday, March TBD
- Monday, April TBD
- Saturday, April TBD (Medication and Sharps “Take Back Day” collection)
- May TBD
- June TBD
What does the Teen Advisory Council Do and Who Is On It?
HC DrugFree’s Teen Advisory Council provides the youth perspective to the staff and Board of Directors of HC DrugFree to increase the effectiveness of HC DrugFree’s programs, newsletters, website and other services.
The Teen Advisory Council is composed of Howard County high school students (public, private and home school) who meet monthly during the school year to discuss teen use of alcohol and other drugs, and to develop educational messages that promote HC DrugFree’s vision of a county where teens are drug-free by choice.
Faces of Prevention in Howard County Today
Benefits of Joining the Teen Advisory Council:
- Meet new people from other schools
- Gain knowledge of what’s happening in Howard County
- Feel empowered to make a difference
- Community service hours available
Why Should You Join the Teen Advisory Council? Check out this video.
For more information, please contact Joan Webb Scornaienchi, Executive Director at 443-325-0040 or email email@example.com.