Just think twice
Get the facts about drugs, their consequences and what other teens are saying about drug use.
Read stories of teens and parents taking a stand against drunk driving after experiencing personal tragedy.
NIDA for teens
Click the links below to view educational resources from the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA).
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Drug Use: What’s the Connection?
- Can Too Much “Screen Time” Change Your Brain?
- Drug Facts Challenge!
- Kahoot! Games on Drugs and Alcohol
- Is There a Connection Between Missing Sleep and Using Drugs?
- Myth or Fact? “Marijuana Is Stronger These Days”
- Videos: Exploring Drug Effects
The cigar trap
The Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene shares the dangers of cigar smoking.
You need to KNOW
In DC, Maryland and Virginia a DUI arrest will cost you your license.
The total cost of a DUI ranges anywhere from $5,000 to $20,000.
16-20 year olds are TWICE AS LIKELY to die in an alcohol-related crash.
Read more information about the Checkpoint Strikeforce(PDF).
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
Visit the SAMHSA website, which aims to reduce the impact of substance abuse and mental illness on America’s communities.
Books about drug abuse for teens & parents
Review this list of books about drug abuse for teens and parents (PDF).