2. Fill out the registration form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to:
5305 Village Center Drive, Suite 206
Wilde Lake Village Center
Columbia, MD 21044
Membership runs from September to June.
2017-2018 Meeting Dates:
- September 18, 2017
- October 16, 2017
- November (to be announced) 2017
- December (to be announced) 2017
- January (to be announced) 2017
- February (to be announced) 2017
- March (to be announced) 2017
- April (to be announced) 2017
- May (to be announced) 2017
- June (to be announced) 2017
Unless otherwise announced, meetings are held at The Barn at The Oakland Mills Village Center from 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM. Pizza is provided.
What does the Teen Advisory Council do and who is on it?
HC DrugFree's Teen Advisory Council provides the youth perspective to the staff and Board of Directors of HC DrugFree to increase the effectiveness of HC DrugFree's programs, newsletters, website and other services.
The Teen Advisory Council is composed of Howard County high school students (public, private and home school) who meet monthly during the school year to discuss teen use of alcohol and other drugs, and to develop educational messages that promote HC DrugFree's vision of a County where teens are drug-free by choice.
Responsibilities of the Teen Advisory Council will include:
- Discuss teen drinking, smoking and use of other drugs
- Participate in developing programs, newsletter articles, website & brochures
Benefits of Joining the Teen Advisory Council are:
- Meet new people from other schools
- Gain knowledge of what's happening in Howard County
- Feel empowered to make a difference
- Community service hours available
For more information, please contact Joan Webb Scornaienchi, Executive Director of HC DrugFree, 443-325-0040 or e-mail email@example.com.
Why Should You Join the Teen Advisory Council? Check out the video below...
November 2015: 30 high school teens from both public and private schools in Howard County attended HC DrugFree's Teen Advisory Council meeting on November 9 at The Barn in the Oakland Mills Village Center.